Skype is a free program for IP-telephony, the free VOIP from Microsoft. It has now become the most popular means of voice and video communication. The Skype program is very convenient and user-friendly. In order for you to call friends and family, you need to download Skype and install, register, connect communication devices (microphone and earphone or USB phone) and … everything. After performing these operations, Skype technology provides you with a quality connection. Only Skype provides end-to-end encryption, so you don’t need to fear for data transmission over the Internet. Download Skype for free on this page. You can download the latest version 188.8.131.52, released on Jun 28, 2019, from the official website.
|Category:||Messaging & Chat|
|Last Updated:||August 19, 2019|
|Language Support:||Multiple Languages|
|Download Size:||60.3 MB – Download Skype Now|
Download Skype Key features
The program has the opportunity to correspond both between two contacts and in a chat with several participants. If you have a webcam and microphone, video conferencing is available in real-time. The software provides the function of calls to landline and mobile phone numbers, as well as the ability to send SMS messages. At the same time, calls within the program are absolutely free. If there is no user in place, you can configure call forwarding and messages to the phone. The option of sending files and searching through the message history is available.
In Skype, you can set statuses that allow you to understand whether the contact you need is offline or busy, as well as view contact database information and receive reminders about participants’ birthdays. The quality of communication and pictures is achieved thanks to the additional sound and camera settings. We can, however, the basic functions of Skype as follows:
- Video conferencing.
- Fast messaging, as well as the creation of online conferences (100 people at a time).
- Calls, chat and file transfer between users of different operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Pocket PC.
- Data encryption, no one will see your messages, will not listen to calls, etc.
- Lack of advertising.
- It is possible to install a search form from Google (at the request of the user).
Basic Settings of Skype
Since Skype provides voice communication first, we will need to set up a microphone and, if available, a webcam. This is done very simply, as follows:
- First, you need to decide whether Skype should run with Windows. By default, this is true, but if we want to disable autoloading, we need to go to the main menu. In the “General” tab, activate the trigger “Run Skype automatically.”
- In the item “Appearance” we can customize the color scheme of the program.
- The “Sound and Video” section allows you to configure the microphone and webcam.
- There is also a setting mode for calls, subtitles and additional moments such as auto-answer, conversation recording mode, emergency calls, etc.
- The “Messages” item, as you might guess from the title, contains all the necessary settings for our text chat.
- We can also configure the display mode of notifications in Skype.
Skype 8 is, first of all, a new interface. Unlike the Windows 10 application, whose interface has always been different, the design of the classic version is outdated and has long needed to be updated. The new interface design is very different from both the old version and the version for the Windows 10 operating system.
The new interface completely redesigned, as well as redesigned and greatly simplified structure. The new interface is very clean, unlike the old one, which was heavily cluttered with duplicate elements to access the same functions. Also in the new version, there is no advertising, at least for now. All this should simplify the work with Skype and make all user actions self-evident.
>>You may also like reading: Telegram for windows free download
It is also important to note that Skype 8 looks great on the screen with any size and resolution – the program window is reduced to the minimum size, compressing the chat window, collapsing the list of contacts and reducing the call window.
The new version of Skype includes new features. One of these new features is the Notifications panel, which contains information about all the events that have happened. There, in addition to various service messages, you can see the reaction of the interlocutors to the user’s messages and so on. That is, if the user is mentioned in some chat, he will not miss this. The function is available through the bell icon on the top panel, next to the avatar.
It remains to be clarified that this version will work in Windows 7 and 8 operating systems, as well as in Windows 10 without Anniversary Update updating or in compatibility mode with older systems.
You can download the Skype program from the link provided by fullfreesoftwaredownload.com. It won’t require a single penny for downloading and installing. You can register on the official website, but even here they will not take a single ruble of money. Skype is the best program for communication between people. Note that Skype runs on several operating systems: Windows, MAC OS, Linux, including mobile applications.