Avast has launched the new version 2019 (19.4.2374) of its powerful antivirus, highly recommended, and that can be downloaded for free. It comes with a renewed interface and new tools. Regarding the 2019 version, it introduces a new SandBox auto technology as a novelty. You can download the latest version of Avast Antivirus from the official website.
Avast Antivirus includes the following features:
- File analysis to detect viruses, spyware, malware, and rootkit.
- Analysis of incoming emails for main mail clients such as Outlook Express, and also for instant messaging programs such as ICQ. Spam is filtered and also emails containing links for phishing purposes.
- It has a firewall to detect all types of intruders and prevent attacks
- Protection for P2P clients such as BitTorrent.
- Analysis of files in boot time (when the operating system starts).
- Analysis of compressed files, being able to scan the following files: ARJ, ZIP, RAR, TAR, GZIP, CAB, BZIP2, LHA / LHX, ZOO, ACE, ARC, TNEF (winmail.dat), CPIO, CHM, RPM, ISO, 7ZIP and SIS, MIME (plus all associated formats), MAPI (Outlook pst files), DBX (Outlook Express files).
- Web Protection, to detect any possible infection while browsing the Internet, including analysis of scripts that may be dangerous. The Script Shield tool works with IE, Firefox and Google Chrome browsers; and also with the Acrobat Reader program to detect infected PDF documents.
- Automatic permanent updates with new definitions. A new update is notified daily and a link to an Avast site is displayed, listing the new detectable viruses. As of version 7, the updates are in real time, by streaming, notably improving the download speed of the data.
- A new tool, Behavior Shield that detects suspicious activities by the applications that are running.
- The new version, Avast Nitro, includes a new optional tool, called WebRep, which allows knowing the reputation ratings of the websites visited. It supports Firefox 46 and the latest updates from other browsers.
- It includes a new tool called Sandbox, which allows certain dubious programs to run in a secure virtual environment, so they do not affect the rest of the system.
- Intelligent Scanner is a technology that discards during each analysis those files considered safe, as long as they have not been modified since the last revision.
- It incorporates a tool to remotely assist other users.
- “Software Updater” tool that is responsible for checking applications and plugins that are not up to date with their latest updates.
- The latest edition incorporates a tool called Home Network Security, which prevents users from possible attacks on their network, either through the router or other wireless means of connection.
- The CyberCapture tool is responsible for intercepting and isolating unknown files while trying to access the latest information about the dangerousness of them.
- SafeZone is a secure browser to use in situations of risk such as access to banking sites, to isolate the session during a transfer or query, in such a way that there is no possibility of interception of the data
All these mentioned features, plus others that we have not listed, make Avast (its latest update, released in January 2019) a very complete antivirus, more taking into account that this software is fully free and that it is available in many languages.
Experience Avast antivirus with its New Interface
Avast is renewed and presents the new version 2019 (19.1.4142) with a renewed interface, more agile and attractive and presents new features and tools that we will analyze and comment in the coming days. Some flaws that prevented the correct visualization of some web pages are corrected. It is a lighter edition that tries to be an alternative to Windows Defender, the antivirus that is already pre-installed on Windows 10. It is guaranteed that it reduces system startup time by 11%.
You May Also Like to Upgrade to a Pro Version
There is a Pro version with more tools, as well as an Internet Security edition and another Premier edition, all of which are paid. All paid editions can be tested for 30 days, and once that period has elapsed the user is notified that the test expired, the user must choose to pay a license or by uninstalling the program and reinstalling the free version. If there is any problem during the uninstallation of Avast, the following procedure can be performed.
Avast antivirus supports Windows 10, 8 and 8.1, in addition to Windows 7, Vista and XP, for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.